Sunday 30 September 2012

Fine Art

 In  my second week, focusing on the areas within Fine Art, I explored the formal/basic properties of objects that interested me (such as the everyday objects and industrail products or the combination of the organic and the synthetic), concerntrating on their outlines, distorted forms and basic shapes. By doing this I could generate and develop an idea and concerntrate more on the importance of balancing colours.

Here I created a block form combination using plywood triangles, cups, string and bottle caps whilst balancing two strong complimentary colours (blue and orange) on a pale background.
 Here I followed the same theme of block, bold colours so interprate the synthetic arrangement of string.
 With this piece, I wanted to create some thing fun and child like style that would follow an almost illustrative design, using primary colours and one secondary. Whilst doing so I used the technique of a stabbing motion which an infant might do with poster paints but in a deliberate fashion so as to interprate the intracate design.

 On the second day of experimantation, I was able to use the projector which allowed me to experiment with shadows, merging organic objects and the synthetic materials which allowed me to create the illussion of a giant octopus comically gobbling away a human illustrated by the shadow of my own hand trying to reach out for the life buoy.
 The progression.

The final piece.

 Another projection project.

Experimentation with texture, printing with objects and compositions synthetic materials such as scrunched up paper (creating flowery textures similiar to rose buds, inteprating the them of naturalism with unorganic material), plastic film tape and strings.



 Here again I flollowed the same illustrative illussion with shades much like the first projection piece but this time with a different animal (reptile/chamelian/lizard).


No comments:

Post a Comment