Thursday 17 January 2013

Birds- Observational and Experimental Development



 After being inspired by the idea of travel and migration, I felt I need to do a few studies in illustrating bird. Of course due to seasons, I was fairly limited to species so I drew mainly seabirds that migrate to the city form Observation (90% drawing 10% looking). I was lucky to see a Blue Tit and a female flinch though which took a great deal of patience to draw as the little things were only observed from fleeting moments (which the pair, I used the technique of memorising as much detail as humanly possible before doodling (and before they flew off).


















Blue Tit : Mixed Media to which I utilised scrap bits of map pages and cheap watercolour paints for toddlers for the Bird.


Gulls: Mix Media utilising scrap map pages (grey) to illustrate the body, and Fine-liners and toddler water colours for the faces.
Pigeon: Mix Media utilising scrap pieces of maps (black and green), water colours that were loss enough to blow with a straw and fine-line pen for the bird design and silhouette plant observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment