Friday 8 February 2013

'The Sequential Image' - My Proposal


Flora and Fauna
I aim to create a sequence of images that will illustrate the flora and fauna of my immediate outdoor environment. I want to approach this project with a magpie tactic. Sketching and doodling plants and animals in their natural habitat.
I will work in a range of medias; Line drawings, watercolour, silhouette and texture collage (which I favour for its graphic quality). I also aim to produce a series of expressive collagraph and lino prints, to demonstrate character and rustic setting with strong composition. By the end of the project I will hopefully have produced a number of pieces featuring different floral and animal habitats with narrative; from bird frolicking in a tree to snails braving the long stretch of patio despite the fear of nearby birds.
Mark Hearld and Julia McKenzie, who are both print makers and collage fanatics, are a key influence to my idea as their method of work expresses a love for the English Countryside and for illustrating the adventure and freedom within Wild life. Like these artists, I want to encourage people, children to adults, to get out of their own habitats and look beyond to that of others in the wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment