Thursday 4 October 2012

Graphics - Typography Outside the Box

 Here, after playing with many thumbnail sketches focusing on the font designs and stylizing, and discussing the emotions the font's evoked, I was able to experiment with different medias in interprating them.
*Shoe polish (blue) and ink (brown)
*Collage (with envelope, brown paper and magazine)
*Inks (black and brown)
*Graphite
With each one I used different applications which I wouldn't have normally considered trying, such as painting with long stricks and broad placks of cardbaord, using my left hand with crayon and rubbing polish over carefully placed masking tape with paper towels. I really enjoyed these methods as I found it a nice change from the meiums I'm most comfortable and enjoyed playing outside my comfort zone.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment