Friday 19 October 2012

Make Up Art - Blistered Flesh to Lipstick illusions

About a year or so ago I developed on on growing curiosity in the Make Up Arts and the designs behind illusion of injuries and bodily mutations in theatrical / movie sets. As actions movies and SCI FI's become more and more popular in movie productions, the most common make up arts are injuries and bodily illusions so I set out to develop my own versions, using budget materials such as PVA glues, matt eyeshadows/blushes and lipstick. Here are a few snap shots of the developments in to each design. Though at the time I did believe them to be very successful at the time of completion and am still proud to this day of what I achieved, I can see now that the designs have there glitches, i.e. to striking and to bold to believable to be real injuries. But still, I would wear / make these again for such things as theatre productions and Halloweens.


No comments:

Post a Comment